Where is the conference venue and how do I get there?
The conference will be held at Hotel Grande Chancellor Hobart. You can find more information, including how to get there on the hotel’s webpage.
Who can attend the conference?
Seafood Directions welcomes attendees from all areas of the domestic and international seafood industry and supply chain, including: wild-catch, aquaculture, post-harvest, science and research, food service and hospitality, and innovators.
What happens if I have covid symptoms just prior to conference?
If you are experiencing flu like symptoms in the days prior to the conference, please cancel your attendance.
Can I cancel my registration?
You may cancel your conference registration, by notifying us by email. If you do not receive acknowledgement by email within two business days, please contact Leishman Associates on (03) 6234 7844. You will only be entitled to a refund or partial refund as set out below:
- (a) If you cannot attend because it is unlawful (eg, covid-19): If you are unable, or will, with certainty, be unable, to attend this event for the reason that it is unlawful for you to travel to the venue or would be legally required to submit to quarantine or “lock-down”, you may notify us by email and provide particulars of the reason you cannot attend. You may notify us at any time before the commencement of the event. If we, acting reasonably, accept the reasons given, and
- (i) there is an on-line/virtual option to attend, and you tell us that you wish to attend by that means, you must pay the registration fee for on-line/virtual attendance. If you have already paid the registration fee in full, we will refund the difference; or
- (ii) there is no option to attend by on-line/virtual means, or if You notify us that you do not wish to attend by that means, We will refund all monies actually received to date.
- (b) Your cancellation – for other reasons: If you wish to cancel your attendance at the event for any reasons other than those noted in paragraph (a), you may notify us by email, and:
- (i) if we receive your email before 5pm on the date that is 60 days before the event commences, you must pay a cancellation fee of $150.00 (including GST). If you have already paid the registration fee in full, We will refund the balance; or
- (ii) if we receive your email before 5pm on the day that is 30 days before the event commences, you must pay one half (50%) of the full cost of Your registration (plus GST). If you have already paid the registration fee in full, we will refund the balance; and
- (iii) You may cancel your registration after 5pm on the date that is 30 days before the Event commences, but you will not be entitled to a refund.
What is the dress code for conference?
Dress code throughout the conference is smart casual. For the National Seafood Awards dinner, its your chance to dress up – for gents a jacket, and for ladies cocktail attire is appropriate.
What does my registration include?
Please refer to the registration at a glance here.
Can I buy extra tickets for social events including the awards night?
Additional tickets for the welcome event held Tuesday 10 September from 4:30 pm and the National Seafood Industry Awards Dinner held the evening of Thursday 12 September from 7:00 pm are available to purchase when you register for Seafood Directions 2024. Additional tickets for the welcome event are $99 per person including gst and National Seafood Industry Awards Dinner are $250 per person including gst. Additional tickets are limited and will sell out.
Can I book accommodation during conference dates?
Yes, special conference accommodation rates have been arranged at Hotel Grand Grand Chancellor Hobart. You will be able to book accommodation when you register for the conference, however, please note accommodation is not included in the Seafood Directions ticket price.
Are there opportunities to sponsor Seafood Directions?
Absolutely! Please have a look at the wide variety of opportunities available at https://www.seafooddirections.com.au/sponsors-exhibitors/. If you cant find what you are interested in or would like to discuss further, please reach out to Jasmin@seafoodindustryaustralia.com.au